The birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming, the days are warmer — Spring is finally here!! You know what that means, it is time for spring cleaning! Spring cleaning is a tradition that allows people to clean and freshen up their homes before the busy season of summer approaches. Besides keeping your house fresh and dust-free, spring cleaning is also the perfect opportunity to make sure your home security continues to provide your family with optimal protection! Below is a home security spring cleaning checklist to make this process easier!
Indoor Home Security Cleaning Checklist:
- Clean and test all security equipment.
- Inspect equipment wiring for any damage. Call our office if you need help doing this!
- Replace batteries in your smoke and CO detectors. Take this time to test both detectors to make sure they are working properly.
- Inspect all window and door locks. If any locks are damaged, get them replaced!
Outdoor Security Cleaning Checklist:
The outside of your home is just as important as the inside of your home when it comes to home security. Before a burglar decides whether or not to break in, the first area they will inspect is outside of your home!
- Examine any security cameras. If they are not working properly or need to be cleaned, give us a call!
- Check all outdoor lighting. Change lightbulbs and/or batteries! The perimeter of your home being well lit could scare away potential burglars.
- Trim any overgrown landscaping — they can be good hiding spots for burglars.
- Ensure your garage door locks are working properly. Make sure to close your overhead garage door when you are finished. Statistically, 9% of burglars enter a home through the garage!
You want to improve your home so that it is more enjoyable during the warmer months: why not make it safer as well? Take advantage of the days of spring by cleaning and inspecting your home security to keep valuables protected from a fire or burglary.